by Bill McKeown
Ottawa’s Streetcars was authored by Ottawa native Bill McKeown, after over fifty years of research. It details the history of the Ottawa Electric Railway, its predecessors, and the Ottawa Transportation Commission, all forerunners of today’s OC Transpo.The book contains 256 pages, with over 300 historical photographs – much larger than post-card size, for more interesting detail–with more than 40 photos in full colour.
• Details the history of the Ottawa Electric Railway, its predecessors, and the Ottawa Transportation Commission.
• A magnificent historical record of Ottawa as it was at the end of the 19th and during the first half of the 20th centuries.
• A dozen appendices include coverage of the new O-Train, the restoration of OTC Streetcar 696, bibliography, trackage history, recollections from a retired motorman, and much more.
• Ten city, trackage, and route maps including a large 1929 route map in full colour.
• Extensively detailed 19-page roster of passenger and work equipment.
• The photos feature operating transportation equipment and surrounding street scenes in Ottawa.
“On May 2, 1959, the last of Ottawa’s streetcars made its final run on the Britannia line, bringing to an end almost seven decades of streetcar service. The history of the service is thoroughly documented in Bill McKeown’s book.... The book also looks ahead to the promise of light-rail transit, basically using updated streetcars.”
— The Ottawa Citizen, May 10, 2006
“I must say that this is a most attractive book. In fact it is shaping up...as one of the best local streetcar histories I have ever seen. And as the onetime owner of Interurban Press, I published quite a few such books myself! The author has a lively writing style and shows diligent research. And that jacket – absolutely marvellous. Red is my favorite color for streetcars.”
— G. Mac Sebree, Vancouver, Washington
Send your order now. Members save up to 30%.
You can save up to 30% off the retail price. Send your order now.
Size 9" by 12".
Regular list price at lower left does not include taxes, shipping, and handling. You can save up to 30% by entering your order now.
Hurry! This special offer expires soon.
Two Payment Options
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button in first column at left.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3. Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: Railfare*DC Books, Box 666, St. Laurent Station, Montreal, QC H4L 4V9 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form at right...
Ottawa’s Streetcars, Bill McKeown , 256 pp., 9 x 12, History, May 2006
ISBN: 1-897190-07-7 (Bound*) . . . $59.95
* Smythe-sewn binding, with sturdy, colourful dust jacket printed on both sides.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes, shipping, and handling charges.